Spring is in the air! It’s time to put away those heavy moisturizers, coats and sweaters and bring out those newest, flirtiest spring fashions and beauty products for brightening up your look this season.
This spring, there are two distinct makeup trends to look at. Try them both!
This look ruled the runways for Spring 2012 at shows like Proenza Schouler, Vera Wang, Carolina Herrera (and many, many more!) as well as almost all of the award shows this season. Jump on this trend as you most certainly can’t go wrong with luminous skin, enhanced with a touch of gold and pink, and a hint of shimmer on the cheekbones and the eyes!
How to get the look:
- Mix our Crème Concealer/Foundation with a face lotion with SPF to create a tinted moisturizer. Apply to your skin to get that golden glow without the harmful effects of the sun. Don’t be afraid of going a shade deeper than your natural skin tone
- Well groomed brows and shaped brows are essential; use Brow Gel to hold and shape
- Apply a dusting of Golden-Bronze Shadow all over the lid either with a dampened or dry brush and a dash of a Champagne Eye Shadow near the tear ducts
- Use a pointed eye liner brush to apply a very thin line of our Aurora Eye Definer on the upper lash line for definition
- Apply Afterglow shimmer cream on the cheek bones for a bit of glow – and on the lips look a shimmery Pink Lip Gloss
POLISHED WITH POP
A clean makeup look on the face anchored with bold, almost neon pops of pink or coral on the lips, and coordinating washes of color on the cheeks and eyes is also a major trend. Think of Katy Perry’s bold, stunning fuchsia lips and Clare Danes’ bright coral lips. This look made an appearance on the runways at Alice + Olivia, Karen Walker and Anna Sui. Bear in mind if the lip is bold, the eye needs to be understated.
How to get the look:
- Tinted moisturizer is the way to get started here as well! Conceal where needed with our Crème Concealer/Foundation as flawless skin is the key
- A subtle pink or peach eye shadow like Warm Peony or Warm Nectar should be dusted all over the lid and a bit of White Shimmer near the tear ducts to brighten
- For a bright pink lip try Bora Bora and pair it with a corresponding blush such as Pink Hyacinth
- You can soften this look too simply by blotting the lip color and using it more like a satin